Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Lonely Road

There is a road of darkness.
I will sing to you its song.
It is a song of sadness.
Where you don’t sing along!

Its melody plays
In my mind and heart.
I dance alone,
Separate and apart.

It is a road of darkness.
Where all signs read depression.
With its many twists and turns,
The objective is possession.

There is a distant call.
I hear a voice. I see a face.
But the dark road holds me
Locked in its embrace.

Its melody plays
In my mind and heart.
I dance alone,
Separate and apart

Yet

In that distant somewhere
A star is shining bright.
A child’s eyes will search the skies
A child’s heart will find the light.

***

*“Star light, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Get the wish I wish tonight"

One of the first rhymes I learned in childhood.

No comments: