Thursday, July 30, 2009

Come Hold Me Close

When the heart is heavy, the feet are slow.
Come hold me, hold me close,
Tell me that you love me, but mean it though.

Tell me of the joy of us in the here and now.
Come hold me close, make me believe. I don't know how.
Love me for who I am, can you see good in me?
Can you rejoice in the idiosyncrasies?

Body and mind ache from the wanting of your touch,
I lie wide awake thinking... this is all too much.
Close my eyes, dreaming of what I dare not believe,
Knowing how to give, not knowing how to receive.

Can you make love to me with your heart, not with lust?
Melt into my soul and body, teach me to trust?
Whisper softly in my ear, locked in loves embrace,
Cast all my doubts aside, the long ago erase.

Lift me up, be my eagle, wings bestow
Come hold me, hold me close,
Tell me that you love me, but mean it though.

Cecelia

6 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Cecelia, This is so beautiful. I love the lines:
"Can you make love to me with your heart, not with lust?
Melt into my soul and body, teach me to trust?"
I felt the writer was aching for the truest of love. The kind that still burns even when the body is old and frail.
Beautiful.......
Tess

Anonymous said...

can feel the ache and the love here.

April said...

Cecelia, this poem is so amazing. The emotions come right through.

Fenix9 said...

This has such a mix of hope and longing. Very nice poem.

Politifoll said...

This has so many great lines Cecelia- touching write- last stanza cements the whole poem so well.
Thanks

Tony

LisaB. said...

Beautiful, full of love and longing.